2017 has finally come to an end…I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. I swear the older I get, the faster the years start passing by. This year was full of so many fun and exciting things, but part of me feels as though half of the time my body was present but my mind was somewhere else; like I was distracted. Don’t get me wrong, I had some major wins and big things happen this year, I saw the Grand Canyon, we started our Seattle blogger babe’s group which I just adore, I made a couple really good new friends, I moved into a new apartment, I turned 21, I traveled London and Dublin with my bff, I went to Disneyland with my other bffs, I watched friends get married, I attended my third NYFW, and I went back to being a brunette. I learned a lot this year, and have grown so much as a person, I just want to make sure I am present for all I am doing next year-no distractions. 2018 is going to be a year of big things. A lot is happening and I am so beyond excited to share everything when the time is right. For now, I have 5 things I am setting in stone for myself to do in 2018
- Travel somewhere new every month, even if it is in Washington. Keegan and I are kicking off our first trip to San Francisco in two weeks!
- Learn to let go of plans I have set. I am the type of person who has planned out my entire life in my head, but I know life doesn’t always go according to our plans we make so I need to be okay with whatever happens and know there is a reason for everything.
- Say “YES” to things I would typically say no to. Sometimes the best memories are things that happen last minute and at random. So often I turn those opportunities down.
- Move somewhere for a short period of time. A new landscape or change of scenery might just be in store this coming year.
- Start a new business. Keegan and I have been doing a lot of thinking for this next year and we have some things up our sleeves that we are going to try and take on.
I just love this time of year because we can all just pause for a moment and reflect on what has happened and set out to do even greater things this next year. What are your 2018 goals?
Ah, just when you thought you were done reading this post…! You best believe I am not leaving this little metallic number behind in 2017. It was the perfect New Year’s look, yet I am excited to wear each of the pieces separately to create fun looks for going out or for special occasions. New Year isn’t the only time you can wear metallic, right? I’m thinking this blazer would make a fun statment piece with black jeans and sneakers or even these heels! Shop my Topshop look!
This post is in collaboration with Topshop and Stylinity, a brand I have been dying to work with! All opinions and styling are my own as always. Get some sweet deals and coupons through Topshop’s coupon page!