1. Try a revised version of your favorite Starbucks drink to save on the cals – If you don’t already know, @themacrobarista on instagram is probably where all of these IG girls are stealing their “healthy Starbucks drink orders” from. He gives a ton of awesome and unique drink orders with their nutrition facts with exactly how to order it.
@themacrobarista‘s Pumpkin Spice Latte
Protein: 1.5g/ Carbs: 13g/ Fat: 3g
90 Calories *with no whip*
HOW TO ORDER:
1. Ask for a TALL BLONDE Americano
2. Ask for it in a GRANDE CUP
3. Ask for ONE pump of pumpkin sauce
4. Ask for THREE pumps of sugar free vanilla
5. Ask for STEAMED ALMOND MILK
6. Ask for EXXXXTRA pumpkin spice topping
2. Learn a couple new recipes to cook – I have started a board on Pinterest called “Fall Recipes to Try” and I hope to be able to make a lot of these. I will continue to add to the board as Fall goes on and I will also share on stories when I make them! Thai butternut squash curry, quinoa parmesan chicken, and pomegranate sesame chicken with ginger rice pilaf all sound to die for!
3. Shop for basics – I am challenging myself to only buy pieces that will stick around in my closet for more than a single season. This means I am shopping for staples. I want cozy, and I want versatile. I have partnered with Hollister to share some back to school basics that I am all about. I snagged a pair of high rise black denim (you can never have too many pairs) and a cropped sweater that I have been wearing over everything…like literally everything. It’s pieces like this that I find myself wearing all the time either around the house, running errands, or on causal weekends. The high rise black denim fit true to size and are stretchy btw! Would be worth getting a couple pairs since they can go with anything and everything. Also, I just ordered the cropped sweater in cream too since I love my grey one so much. Don’t sleep on Hollister you guys, TRUST ME.
BASICS WORTH BUYING
4. Branch out from Bath and Body Works candles, please, I don’t want me or my home to smell like a PSL swimming pool, ya know?
Here, let me help. These are some of the top rated cozy fall candles.
5. Try something new – I feel like Fall marks the beginning of the holidays, anyone agree? It’s like the fist cool breeze blows in and everyone is singing Christmas songs. I love the holidays, but I feel like they bring a lot of traditions and routine, which is great, but it can be easy to just go through the motions and do the same thing year after year. This year I want to focus on maybe forming new traditions and making new memories. Here is what is on my list:
- Hot tub boats in the Fall – yes, in Seattle this might not be practical, but if I can find the right day with the right weather it would be so much fun!
- Mystery Date – Keegan and I LOVED our first mystery date and we are hoping to do one every season. You sign up for a day and time, give them your preferences, choose your price range, and then they send you on a mystery date. It is seamless, so much fun, and you never have to take out your wallet on the date, everything is taken care of ahead of time. They actually gave me a code for you to use. Use “MORGAN” at checkout.
- Take a cooking class – I would love to do a cooking class. Have you done one? What places do you reccomend?
- Donate time/resources to help the homeless community – Fall means cold weather is coming and with so many people on the streets I want to find ways to give and help people stay warm and fed.